By the middle of nineteenth century, the British East India Company
extended its dominion to the foot hills of the India’s North West
Frontier. The border hills were relatively inaccessible strongholds of
various Pathan tribal clans, who had formed small gangs notorious for
crimes of kidnapping for ransom and plundering the markets. The British
employed the services of locals watch and ward.
Initially Daryoba was under the direct command of DOFC Bannu. However,
it was formed as an independent FC District in 1987 and housed in a fort
built in 1940 situated in the northern side of district Bannu. The
important posts of this district are Baran Dam, Khurrum Garhi, Head
Khurrum and Shaheedan.
|Mr. Irshad Alam||District Officer||FC DARYOBA|
|Muhammad Shoaib (PSP)||Assistant District Officer||FC DARYOBA|